About this role
Brunel Australasia are seeking an Accountant. an exciting opportunity to work for a Global Leader within the Oil & Gas industry. The role is based out of our client’s Melbourne site.
We are seeking someone with all round Financial reporting and Operations accounting experience, as end-to-end accounting will be required for Exploration in PNG.
- You will provide key business information and analysis to business to enable expense, headcount and volumetric targets to be achieved and maintained
- Monitor general ledger entries and processing streams to ensure the reliability of general ledger information
- Prepare and analyse financial performance reports
- Collaborate with department leaders in the development of capital, expense and personnel plans for forecasting and budgeting. Provides expertise on how to use financial data, the application of accounting guidelines, standards, procedures and policies.
- Ensure accounting practices are applied to analysis in an ethical and effective manner
- All round financial reporting and operations accounting experience
- High level of skill and knowledge of the position's duties, and the ability to work with minimal direction
- Analytical skills
- Accounting experience
- MS Excel
- Financial systems
- International Oil & Gas Provider
- Based at our client’s Melbourne site
- Initial 12 Month Contract with potential to become long term
- Monday – Friday
- 8 hours per day
- Professional Team | Great Culture | Safety Focused
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 44 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Laura Street is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane