About this role
We’re hiring an Administrative Assistant for a 4-month contract in our client, a multinational pharmaceutical company located in North York, ON.
This position is part-time, from Monday to Friday (12pm - 4 pm).
- Provide general administrative support to one or more managers;
- Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based on department and level(s) of management supported;
- Provide administrative support requiring a complete knowledge of department functions. Responsibilities include preparing grammatically correct correspondence, reports, tables, and analyses;
- Exercise discretion in handling of confidential material and information. Assist in special projects as assigned;
- Recommends improvements on administrative procedures and implements changes;
- Responsible for organization and maintenance of department filing system including potentially confidential data;
- Ensure department supplies needs are met;
- Manage department communication for manager(s) including mail and email;
- Respond to various inquiries for information according to general guidelines;
- Coordinate meetings, maintains calendars, makes travel arrangements, etc;
- May provide clerical support as necessary, including filing, faxing, copying, performing data entry, etc. May provide guidance and training to less experienced administrative staff;
- Complete other duties as requested;
- Contacts are frequent with individuals representing other departments, and/or representing outside organizations;
- Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data on matters of moderate importance to the function of the department or which may be of sensitive nature.
- Demonstrated ability in the application of requisite skills and applies additional skills and knowledge acquired through experience to perform the more complex tasks of the position;
- Generally receive no instructions on routine assignments while under limited supervision;
- Receive general instructions on new work, which is generally reviewed upon completion;
- Years of Experience: 0 - 3 Year.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Monnatha Grego is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement