About this role
Position will provide technical support to customers in performing system installation, start-up, adjusting and setting of user interfaces according to customer requirements for surface vision and inspection systems within automated manufacturing environments.
- Performs site surveys, installations, maintenance, repairs and programming on company products.
- Determines site and equipment requirements; outlines inter-dependencies.
- Understands customer goals; identifies consequences of various solutions. Develops installation plan, and escalation plan.
- Configures systems hardware, software and network components.
- Assembles and integrates system/product and verifies system/product operation.
- Uses proactive monitoring procedures to identify problem prevention opportunities.
- Provides customer with overview of installation activity, site-specific information and access to appropriate contacts.
- Conducts customer training; organizes and presents information to convey major points clearly and persuasively.
- Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction by clarifying customer needs and ensuring that they are met.
- Handles customer-relations problems promptly and appropriately, escalates issues according to established procedures.
- 20% mechanical/electrical ability to perform installs, maintenance and
repair of company equipment. 80% programming of system hardware,
software and network components. Providing high-level customer
interaction and satisfaction.
- Technical Associates Degree such as electrical or information technology;
- Ability to work remotely and independently;
- Previous experience in Field Service/Application Engineering of mechanical, electrical, electronic, automation or inspection systems/applications.
- Ability to lead installation, integration, troubleshoot or resolve issues on-site.
- Excellent communication skills and customer interface skills;
- Looking for road warrior, 100% travel (travel can be up to a week at a time)
- Must be physically able to work for long periods by walking, standing, sitting, bending, reaching, and performing repetitive work with no restrictions;
- Must be willing to submit to a background check and drug screening;
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer without sponsorship now or in the future.
What we offer
Position offers a competitive salary and all expenses paid travel. Full benefits offered.
Our client is an industry leader in machine vision solutions.
- Vacancy number: PUB254913
- Location: Berkeley Lake
- Market: Industry
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Automotive
- Education level: Other
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Closing date: Friday, March 6, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Application Engineer - Georgia
Confirmation sent to