About this role
- Our Controls Design Engineers design systems of electrical and fluid controls for a variety of applications including welders, robots, assembly, conveyance and transfer systems;
- Generate required hardware design schematics and develop software system programming and documentation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - HARDWARE
- Understands customer specifications (corporate and plant), standards, and local and/or national electric codes for use in designing hardware schematics and software programs;
- Constructs electrical and Fluid schematic packages by laying out I/O, designing magnetic circuits, fusing, control panel layouts, bills of material, and cable layouts;
- Performs the required sizing calculation for power, heat dissipation, wire sizing, fusing, etc;
- Performs the required calculations for network layout and traffic analysis;
- Researches, develops and customizes new hardware and software interfaces;
- Coordinate and review with Technical Leaders, Automation Engineers, Sr. Controls Engineers, and colleagues to maintain consistency within a given project;
- Modifies existing logic for ‘kit’ designs, and create logic utilizing existing references on simple to intermediate complexity systems;
- Must be capable of developing Human Machine Interface (HMI) screens and interface from scratch.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and a high degree of competence with AutoCAD, preferred EPlan;
- Knowledge of machines, tools, and print reading. A limited understanding of mechanical systems, their components, and the relationship of those systems to the controls design;
- Ability to write technical documents and reports for use as reference by engineering and technical writers as well as documentation for the project;
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret customer specifications, electrical controls schematics, technical procedures, and governmental regulations;
- Overall Experience — 3-5 years previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience on projects in the Automotive sector (GM, Ford, FCA etc.) as well as Tier 1 suppliers (Dana, Magna, Tower etc.) is required for this position. Must surpass all competencies with skill sets above an Entry Level Controls Engineer;
- Qualified and interested candidate MUST be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer now or in the future without sponsorship.
What we offer
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today. Brunel offers a competitive hourly wage and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision with programs to suit everyone. Benefits include paid holidays and PTO. At Brunel you can rest easy knowing your benefits will begin on your first day of employment. Contract will be 6 months to direct hire.
Our client is a global solutions provider for automated systems specializing in Controls Design.
- Vacancy number: PUB256922
- Location: Lake Orion
- Market: Industry
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Automotive
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Closing date: Saturday, April 18, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Controls Design Engineer - Michigan
Confirmation sent to