About this role
Mechanical Designer Sir. , Able to Work under minimal supervision, carries out a variety of moderately complex to Complex design assignments, exercising considerable to extensive latitude in the use of initiatives and independent judgment. Prepares sketches or completes detail and layout drawings from verbal or written instructions on product or plant equipment. Works independently on the development of original designs or adaptations requiring specialized experience. May supervise lower level drafters on some phases of design.
- 5+ years Mechanical Design with ability to modify existing 3D and 2D models for “Kits” and create new designs;
- Good knowledge of auto assembly strategies (i.e. part flow within an assembly plant / body Shop), vendor coordination (importing Weld Guns, End of Arm Tooling, etc.), work in model space and paper space, basic understanding of how a GEO and Respot Systems function;
- NX cad skills for Body Assembly;
- Knowledge of FCA North American standards and specifications
- Good understanding of BA GEO and Fixture Tools for Framing, Bodyside Systems and Sub Assembly.
- Basic Detail stack up and methodology and how it relates to machining and tool stack up;
- Familiar with NAAMS Standards, FCA Standards, Attributes, tree structure (File & Model);
- Understanding of Mechanical Design Sequences / Controls documents to Controls Design.
What we offer
In addition to your hourly wages, Brunel offers several benefit options that include medical, dental and vision that will begin on your first day of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified and interested applicants encouraged to apply.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
- Vacancy number: PUB252784
- Location: Southfield
- Market: Industry
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Automotive
- Education level: Other
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Closing date: Sunday, March 22, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching NX Tooling Designer - Michigan
Confirmation sent to