About this role
This position is part of the Engineering organization and is responsible for initiating a broad range of activities surrounding Part Lists and Bill of Material creation and supporting data management throughout the product lifecycle.
- 2 to 5 years of work related experience utilizing SAP or similar system;
- Knowledge of Spare Parts Spread sheets with the ability to identify, collect and document parts data and incorporate into spread sheets;
- Good working knowledge of automotive industry and terminology;
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions;
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project);
- Able to read Bill of Materials (BOM) or read technical drawings;
- Input BOM information in to PLM and PDF drawings, understanding different customer requirements, Paint Codes, Alpha or Numeric release, and the difference between kits, and or record update;
- Assist in the communication of the Bill of Material requirements between Supply Chain and Production to facilitate material planning, order fulfillment and execution;
- Education: Associates degree or Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred or a minimum of two to four years of equivalent experience.
What we offer
In addition to your hourly wages, Brunel offers several benefit options that include medical, dental and vision that will begin on your first day of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified and interested applicants encouraged to apply.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
- Vacancy number: PUB249680
- Location: Southfield
- Market: Industry
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Automotive
- Education level: Other
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Closing date: Thursday, January 30, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Parts Specialist - Michigan
Confirmation sent to