About this role
We’re hiring a Clinical Research Associate for a biopharmaceutical company for a 1-year contract in Montreal, QC.
Under the supervision of the Clinical Operations Manager or the Project Manager, Clinical Research, the Clinical Research Associate’s primary responsibilities will be:
- Manage investigator sites: participating in Phase I to IV and PMOS clinical studies.
- Organize and manage critical documents / clinical trial master file.
- Identify critical issues and bring them to the attention of team members including local management, Project Managers, and members of the Global Project Team.
- Coordinate day-to-day project-related activities of contract monitors, CROs, central labs and other service providers as required.
- Plan and coordinate study supplies (drug, laboratory, etc.).
- Acquire knowledge in and work according to SOPs, GCP, relevant regulatory guidance and local law.
- Routine clinical monitoring of clinical sites for compliance with GCP, the study protocol, reporting of adverse events, accounting for study drug, verification of study CRF data against source documents, and completion and filing of regulatory documents.
- Review trip reports (monitoring visit reports) completed by contract monitors or other team members.
- Assist in preparing study budgets and ensures payments.
- Ensure management is kept informed of study progress through trip reports and enrollment updates.
- Assist with and track the resolution of queries generated by data management.
- Assist in drafting study protocols and designing CRFs, patient diaries, medication labels or other study materials when required.
- Assist in Site Selection and Site Evaluation when required.
- Initiate and train study sites.
- Assist in the organization and conduct of investigator meetings.
- Close-out of study sites.
- Assist with audits and audit reports.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a similar position.
- Bachelor degree related to Life Sciences
- Experienced in all aspects of study monitoring (data monitoring, drug accountability, regulatory documents, etc.)
- Proficiency in GCP and ICH/HPB guidelines
- Ability to assimilate product and protocol knowledge quickly
- Attention to detail/deadlines
- Good organization skills
- Good communication (written / oral)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Availability for travel (This position entails 5% of travel within Canada and very limited travel outside Canada (valid passport is required).
Language and computer skills
- Intermediate knowledge of French (written and verbal)
- Advanced knowledge of English (written and verbal).
- Intermediate knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel and of eDC systems.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Monnatha Grego is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement