About this role
Brunel Energy have been requested to source Commissioning Technicians to support an onshore Wind Farm project in Japan.
Scope of work expected to last 3-4 months, with potential to support further upcoming projects within APAC region upon project completion.
Responsible for commissioning of Wind Turbine Generators (WTGs) as per project schedule.
- Perform the commissioning activities as per project schedule;
- Execute reliability tests on WTGs as per Contractual requirements;
- Achieve Loss Production Factor (LPF) targets as per client requirements;
- Handing over of WTGs to Customer / Client Customer Service department;
- Support installation activities as may be required at site.
- Conduct due diligence check of mechanical and electrical completion of WTG prior to commissioning;
- Responsible for pre-commissioning & commissioning of WTGs as per client Standards and adhering to project schedules;
- Planning, maintaining, and optimizing commissioning spares & calibration tools, Personal protective equipment (PPEs) and maintain all related records;
- Analyzing the WTG performance after commissioning and preparation for conducting reliability tests;
- Managing Non-conformity reports (NCRs) of commissioning. Perform WTG audits, closing of punch lists and handing over WTGs to Customer/ Client Customer Service Department;
- Support in installation activities viz-a-viz crane co-ordination, material co-ordination, unloading/ loading, preparation & rigging activities;
- Impart on the job training on commissioning to installation engineers/ freshers and contribute in development of Installation & Commissioning organization;
- Work closely with all relevant stakeholders to ensure progress in as per project schedule. Initiate mitigation measures in the event of any anticipated delay in commissioning progress;
- Strong focus on quality and safety.
Minimum requirement of Diploma in Electrical.
Minimum 3 years of work experience in commissioning of WTGs.
- Good understanding of Electrical circuits / Hydraulic circuits and drive trains in WTGs;
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting and rectification;
- Basic knowledge of SCADA;
- Basic knowledge in safety and working at heights;
- Basic computing skills and ability to work on online reporting systems;
- Effective Communication skills;
- Effective reporting skills;
- Proficiency in coordinating skills.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Matthew Duane is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester