About this role
- To promote & comply with applicable safety instructions and other COMPANY HSE procedures in all activities;
- To carry out work in compliance with COMPANY values and policies, relevant laws and regulations, agreed COMPANY priorities and objectives, COMPANY standards and procedures and good industry practices;
- To treat all information obtained during course of the work with confidentiality;
- To define (with Package Lead) and manage an organization to cover all construction and QA/QC activities on contractor construction yard;
- Ensure that all members of the team are aware that in addition to quality and good engineering practice, planning, meeting deadlines and cost must be a permanent concern;
- To ensure timely review of construction documentation to identify clashes/conflicts;
- To anticipate the offshore activities and ensure Contractor starts in due time onshore preparation of the critical offshore activities;
- In case of drift in schedule, liaise with Package Lead to study remedial actions;
- Promote a “no change policy” to meet budget and schedule constraint without impairing quality and safety of the construction activities;
- To manage assistance from discipline specialists, when required during all phases;
- To assist EPC contract management with regards to all technical, commercial and contractual issues arising during construction execution and liaise with Package Lead on regular basis on that matters by ensuring that all necessary information is properly recorded, collated and available for further negotiations;
- To encourage identification of any optimization / improvement during construction phase;
- To ensure that technical queries are reviewed and responded to in a timely manner;
- To manage potential deviations from the COMPANY referential with Batch 3 Engineering Coordinator for final decision on whether or not to implement;
- To ensure engineering support to construction teams as required;
- To promote alternatives solutions to reduce and to optimise the duration for offshore installation;
- To ensure close coordination within team on all engineering, constructability and T&I matters;
- To ensure that relevant feedback from previous similar projects are considered project works performance;
- To setup and manage weekly and monthly meetings with Contractor(s), and call specific ad hoc meetings as required;
- To ensure Company participation in Audit/inspections at subcontractor/vendor premises as required;
- To approve contractor progress report;
- To ensure performance of Contractor is fulfilling Project Quality requirements;
- To identify deficiencies and develop solutions to construction (all) problems;
- To participate to regular yard coordination meetings to report activities of Construction Contractors of all disciplines including Structural, Scaffolding, Painting etc;
- To maintain good relationships with Contractors, being flexible enough but also strict when necessary to achieve the objectives of the Project;
- To carry out any other duty or task that may be assigned by hierarchical superiors.
- Qualification: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with minimum 8 years’ experience in construction for the oil industry of which 5 spent in a lead construction position;
- Experience within a project team: At least 5 years’ experience within large multinational taskforce team environment;
- Available for technical missions worldwide;
- Familiar with Total General Specifications and relevant codes and standards;
- Language: Fluent English.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, May Ann Panganiban Masaga is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
May Ann Panganiban Masaga
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha