About this role
Our client is searching for a Country Manager to manage all aspects of a new large-scale renewable energy company. The ideal candidate will have experience in gaining project approval and social license at all levels of government with strong operational management skills. This is a contract position to start with the intention to converting to a permanent position once the country is fully operational.
- Develop and manage the Regional office and brand presence ensuring adherence to local legislation and company policies;
- Drive client’s values through all activities and operations;
- Ensure all active projects and activities result in the betterment of local communities;
- Engage in meaningful consultation with all local stakeholders;
- Act as focal point for all region specific activities;
- P&L responsibility for the region;
- Provide support to business development and technical teams as required;
- Lead, coach and motivate team members to develop high and distinctive performing leaders and executors to achieve operational excellence;
- Identify development programs to enhance team competencies, skills and knowledge to meet business challenges;
- Manage all Corporate and Administration matters in compliance with local and international laws or regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field preferred (other disciplines include Economics, Law, Finance); MBA or other advanced degree an asset
- Relevant experience navigating large projects through all levels of government approval and social licensing,
- Previous experience lobbying and influencing government is an asset
- Strong operational management experience
- Strong commercial acumen
- Extensive Canadian expertise in renewables sector – Geothermal and Hydro Power experience an asset
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Rory Lyden is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement