About this role
Brunel is a world leader in providing strategic labour solutions successfully to our client base across the oil & gas, mining, resources, marine, rail & construction sectors. We have a rare and exciting opportunity for a Diamond Core Geologist to join one of our Major Iron-Ore producers who currently have operations in the Pilbara. This is a FIFO role, leaving and arriving to Perth on a Family Friendly, 8:6 Roster.• Day Rates: $600 - $650 per day + Superannuation
• Estimated Working Days per year: 208• Perth to site (no interstate travel will be paid)
• 6 Month Contract – with the view to go Permanent or be extended for the right person• 12 hours per day on an 8:6 FIFO roster
Our Client: Our client is a Global Leading Iron Ore producer that owns and manages some of the largest mines in Australia. Reporting into the Senior Geologist, you will be required to complete the following:
- QA/QC of Diamond Core Drill Core Samples
- Managing the Core Orientation Marking & QA QC of Drilling and Core data
- Adherence and personal commitment to maintaining, and improving site safety, for individuals and for the team.
- Geotechnical analysis and management of Iron Ore Core Logging
- Work with Senior geologists to determine and plan Drilling campaigns
- Daily on-rig management of drilling campaigns
- Building strong relationships with Drilling & Field Services teams
- Rig Management and completion of in-field Inspections and Field Leadership forms.
- Generation of exportable datasets and maps (Data management and interpretation)
- QAQC of drill hole data and Daily safety inspections of drill rigs and drill pads
- Use of Vulcan, Acquire, Arc Map and Leapfrog
- Reports to Senior Diamond Core Geologists
Role Requirements (or Nice to haves):
- A Tertiary Qualification in Science or Applied Science with a Major in Geology, Geoscience, applied Geology, Geophysics or Earth Sciences.
- A great attitude to work, a desire to grow and learn and develop your own skillset from the best in the Industry
- Be available for an Immediate start
Join the Brunel FamilyHow to ApplyIf you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role – Please apply directly using the ‘Apply’ button or get in contact with Abigail Aitken at Brunel on (08) 9429 5653, or email me a copy of your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Brunel values diversity and encourages applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and minority group candidates.
About BrunelBrunel Australasia is a market leader in the supply of highly skilled blue and white-collar personnel for full site manning, temporary labour provision, staffing and recruitment to the resource industry. Operating locally since 2001 and backed by an international network spanning 35 countries.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Abigail Aitken is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth