About this role
A leading international, upstream oil & gas exploration and production company.
- Work with Exploration and Sub-surface Development project team and develop drilling engineering input and execution plan;
- Develop drilling cost estimates ranging from simple scoping to detailed probabilistic;
- Review offset wells to identify risks & hazards, as well as best practices;
- Carry out all aspects of well design including casing design, kick tolerance, hydraulics, wellpath planning and torque & drag ensuring conformance to Company’s Policy and Standards and the requirements of local government regulations;
- Prepare drilling programs and contingency procedures, ensuring conformance to Company’s Policy and Standards and the requirements of local government regulations;
- Evaluate and recommend new technology, third-party equipment and procedures;
- Participate in risk assessment, DWOP and pre-spud meetings;
- Conduct daily well surveillance of drilling operations according to safety standards, environmental regulations and Company Policy & Procedures. Support drilling activities on the rig during critical drilling operations;
- Lead After-Action Reviews to identify best practices and lessons learned, document these in a lessons learned database. Prepare End of Well reports;
- Prepare and execute drilling tender, evaluation and award of contracts as per Company’s and PETRONAS requirement;
- Depending on the company’s drilling activities, candidate could be assigned to either exploration or development drilling activities.
- Minimum 8 years of practical experience in drilling engineering;
- Have prior experience in exploration and development drilling projects in Malaysia;
- Have drilling tender & contracting experience in Malaysia and dealing with PETRONAS;
- Experience in PMCD and MPD;
- Experience in working on the rig;
- Computer literate and proficient in Landmark’s Drilling software.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Lackshna Dasan is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Malaysia Kuala Lumpur
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement