About this role
About this role
We’re hiring for a full time perm Electrical Engineer for a Medical Device Company in San Jose California.
Reporting to the manager, Hardware Engineering, the Electrical Engineer will be based in the San Jose office and will be working on guiding and executing electrical design and specification activities through all phases of the product development process. (Design to manufacturing transfer). This position will also
provide robust, cost-effective electrical engineering solutions for medical products and equipmentdesigned by the product development team for customers globally. The candidate will be a self-starting
engineer and feel comfortable in a dynamic agile working environment.
• Introduce new electronics design tools, including software applications and test equipment.• Break down concepts and large/complex problems while meeting project timelines and goals.
• Troubleshoot root cause electrical issues and provide technical support.• Work with Quality Department to author, organize, occasionally execute, and direct testing procedures to ensure compliance with design specifications and lifecycle requirements.
• Make technical presentations to the R&D department as required.• Write/update/edit SOPs to standardize the product design process.
• Write new production test procedures to ensure FDA compliance.• Performa basic technical project management functions including communicating with internal personnel including design, mechanical, software, and electrical engineering, quality, regulatory, and operations. External communication includes contract manufacturers, suppliers, and customers at a technical level
• 3+ years’ of relevant industry experience designing mechanical parts.• Medical device experience is an asset as is robotics experience.
• Possess a solid background in the design, manufacturing and sourcing of electrical components and ability to debug intricate medical systems.• Ability to prototype, simulate, debug, and test circuits is required.
• PCB design and layout experience.• Experience with both high and low power electronics.
• Experience integrating and controlling actuators (eg. DC motors, illumination, valves, laser pumping).• Experience integrating sensors (eg. cameras, pressure/vacuum, touch, encoders, optos).
• Experience working with microcontrollers.• Knowledge of IEC/UL-60601 and related standards is beneficial.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals and to work in a fast paced, high quality, iterative projects.• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyAbout UsBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sabrina Morris is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary