About this role
We’re hiring a Turnaround Planner, Electrical for our client to join their team. This is a 12-month contract position that will allow the opportunity to put your knowledge to work every day on a variety of high value tasks.
- Prepare and maintain effective and efficient detailed execution job plans, packages and libraries that identify all requirements including all specialty tools, all labor, materials, and external services to safely execute the work
- Identify safety considerations, including safe work procedures or other specific procedures that must be followed
- Accurately identify all parts, tools, resources and special equipment and sequencing required to execute in alignment with asset care strategies and corrective repair requirements
- Maintain a backlog in alignment with the company Maintenance Work Management (MWM) Processes that will facilitate efficient manpower distribution, of both internal and contract personnel
- Understand and commit to the corporate Maintenance Work Management processes, standard, procedures and working instructions
- Identify discipline specific isolations to execute the work – Impairments / switching orders / process isolations
- Ensure the required information from the identified resources are included in multidisciplinary jobs (need to work with other discipline planners)
- Sequence the job to ensure maximum tool time and minimize equipment down time
- Identify required permits to execute the work – CSE / Red Hot / Impairment / EEWA
- Create task list as needed and ensure it is accurate
- Create and maintain planning history files and job libraries using SAP PM Module
- Maintain a business unit backlog and follow Maintenance Work Management Processes that will facilitate efficient manpower distribution of both internal and contract personnel
- Perform or lead job plan reviews after execution to identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Participate in cross-functional teams including other departments
- Execute work in a manner that reflects company values
- Contribute to a work environment that supports a motivated, productive team
- Escalate issues that require higher authority for input and resolution
- Maintain a Continuous Improvement mindset focused on planning and execution productivity in MWM
- Participate in and support reliability programs
- Valid Alberta Journeyman and Red Seal Electrician
- A minimum 10 plus years of Journeyman and or Specialist maintenance planning experience
- Strong commitment to Responsible Care Principles through demonstrated excellence in occupational safety, process safety and environmental stewardship
- Experience in a petrochemical, gas, or heavy oil processing plant with significant experience in planning the PM, Pdm and corrective repairing of common electrical and medium voltage distribution equipment/systems up to and including 13.8KV
- Strong troubleshooting, conflict management, leadership and facilitation skills
- Ability to work with and mentor developing team members and provide focal point coverage for contract personnel
- Expert level working capability of corporate EAM/CMMS software (SAP 1909) and related tools, Microsoft office suite of tools
- Demonstrated initiative and organizational skills
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and technical knowledge
- Ability to work effectively and independently with Maintenance, Operations and Engineering Teams
- Well-developed communication, interpersonal and time management skills
- Capable of working independently and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Focused attention to detail with excellent documentation skills
- UPS experience with Eaton Powerware, Hayley and Gutor.
- Familiar with maintenance, troubleshooting and software on the following: VFD’s- Gen 5 perfect harmony, ABB, Siemens, 5KV drives, ABB, Allen Bradley, Toshiba, Siemens, Sinamics G150 600V drives
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s License
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Gultchan Chevket is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto