About this role
As an Electrical Engineer you will have many responsibilities required of you. You will be coordinating of all technical and administrative activities on assigned electrical projects.
You’ll be responsible for all stage-gates of assigned capital projects once you have received the business case from the department asset owner. You’ll build and maintain the capital RFA (request for authorization) per company policies and your own high standards.
In this role you will be creating the SOW (scope of work) and coordinating RFQ (request for quote) with procurement. Collecting different reports and lists is smaller portion of your job. Some of the lists you will gather include the spare parts lists, maintenance documentation, and expected uptime/operational availability data.
- Planning, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating assigned engineering work; monitoring work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices, and company standards
- Reviewing and approving project change orders and processing updates to contracts with procurement
- Overseeing and coordinating project demolition, installation, commissioning, testing, and training (including training materials), as well as coordinate fixed asset disposition with accounting, and approve invoicing and close out contracts and projects in approved process
- Ensuring project documentation is tracked, updated, organized, and handed to document control for processing
- Coordinating document control and drawing creation/update for the project, and coordinate technical training for project hand-overs
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering Technologies
- 5+ years of experience with engineering project management on moderate to complex technical projects
- Background in manufacturing, or industrial environment, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Electrical PE License in the state of Washington is highly desirable
There will be times when you will need to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE, i.e. hard hat, safety glasses, ear plugs, safety boots, etc.).
While working you may asked to lift up to 40 pounds, work in all weather conditions, and coordinate aspects of electrical projects.
Safety is key. Our client is striving for a zero-incident safety record on all projects. You must have that safety mindset to thrive in this role. One part of your job will include coordinating the Job Hazard and Job Safety Analysis paperwork with the contractor safety coordinator.
Communication is a critical part of your job. You have the knowledge and experience to explain project details and updates to the correct people. You will be one part in the communication chain that delivers periodic updates. You will have extensive contact with clients and contractors throughout the life of the project. They will look to you first to resolve any management project issues.
- Ensuring effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project participants
- Experience in a fast-paced environment and you can handle multiple requests coming from a variety of sources.
- Very organized, and you can make important decisions in a timely manner
- A strong technical aptitude, you respect protocols, policies, and standards
Take the next step in your career. Start the process and apply today.
What we offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you, from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. Let us get you going so you can get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
- Vacancy number: PUB239119
- Location: Seattle
- Market: Industry
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Electronics
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Closing date: Saturday, December 21, 2019
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Electrical Engineer - Washington
Confirmation sent to