About this role
We’re hiring an Intermediate Full Stack Developer to join the development team for our client located in Calgary. This is a great opportunity for someone is passionate about development and keen in learning and diving into unfamiliar complex territory. Successful candidates will be self-starters who focus their efforts on business value, are aligned with leadership on direction and priorities, propose and drive improvements, and work in a fast-paced environment. This is a permanent position with a competitive compensation package.
- Work on a wide range of technologies, ranging from modern web applications, plugins for a component-based system, to mature IBM AS/400 systems
- Take ownership of applications; provide visibility and give suggestions while aligning with product owners on priorities
- Collaborate with others to design and implement features
- Assist the support team and handle escalated support issues to ensure excellent customer experience
- Seek to create efficient SQL queries on large, complex datasets
- Create new applications or plugins to interface with third party APIs
- Deploy web applications on Linux servers using command line tools
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of professional experience working with Java
- 4+ years working with Source code management using git
- Experience interfacing with third party APIs
- Intermediate SQL (familiarity with window functions and CTEs)
- An innovative and entrepreneurial spirit to drive change and enhancements.
Nice to Haves
- Industry experience in at least one of the following areas: Transportation, Accounting, ERP
- Linux command line and basic BASH scripting skills are a huge asset
- ExtJS web user interface or another single page UI toolkit
- RESTful web services
- Familiarity with Tomcat web applications
- Experience with IBM AS/400
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement