About this role
- Coordinate Loss Prevention Engineering project deliverables with Contractor personnel, Project Management Team (PMT), COMPANY operating and project personnel;
- Lead / Drive EPC contractor to deliver technical safety studies (e.g. Safety Case, QRA, HAZOPs, PHA studies etc.) to deliver per execution plan;
- Ensure cost effective Loss Prevention programs are utilized by PMT to improve project efficiency, reduce costs, maintain high quality safety levels and schedules;
- Participate in Loss Prevention activities at Contractors’ offices to align plans and schedules with safety and operational requirements as agreed in project deliverables;
- Steward contractors’ Loss Prevention execution activities by understanding plans, procedures, objectives and overall job requirements; verifying contractor employs adequate numbers of qualified personnel, appropriate design tools including computer hardware and software; adheres to specifications, standards and design verification processes and provides all contract documentation for Loss Prevention scope including accurate and timely progress reporting measures;
- Advise contractor Loss Prevention organisation in respect to compliance with COMPANY policies for prevention of information brokering and business standards guidelines; engineering and design procedures, processes and deliverables; staffing plans, personnel suitability and adequacy and the successful resolution of any claims;
- Monitor the Loss Prevention Engineering schedule and critical milestones developing and managing recovery plans to address any delays;
- Manage interfaces with NFS Onshore Engineering Division Manager and Engineering team Heads to gain alignment on Loss Prevention Engineering needs, objectives and requirements;
- Oversee the timely delivery of technical attachments and scope description to all Loss Prevention related purchase orders and own related technical attachments and scope description in all fabrication and construction contracts;
- Deliver the Design Safety Case that meets the Project’s and OPCO’s requirements.
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Safety Engineering or equivalent;
- 20 years’ experience within industrial safety and loss prevention in the oil and gas industry with emphasis on risk assessments, safe systems of work, and emergency procedures, preferably in a major project environment. At least 5 years in a Major LNG project;
- Experience with Quantitative Risk Assessments;
- Experience with firefighting design.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Namitha Sambhram Aivalli is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Namitha Sambhram Aivalli
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha