About this role
We’re hiring a Hoisting Engineer for our client, a multinational Mining company, to join their team. This is a contract opportunity with long-term potential.
- Works directly with EPCM to support and assure their development of basis of design, scopes of work, specifications, technical bid evaluations, and award recommendations.
- Implement Owner requirements into Hoisting systems designs and Procurement packages including Engineering Standards, Design Criteria, Master Specs, Production plans, and Safety in Design.
- Work with EPCM and the Operational Readiness team to ensure Master Data requirements are included in the equipment procurement packages. Evaluate bids accordingly and ensure smooth handover to Operations team.
- Participates in HAZOP and other risk evaluation sessions with the appropriate parties present for relevant and high quality output.
- Implements the Functional Safety Management program with Safety and practical hoist management in mind.
- Support existing hoisting, winching and shaft lining operations.
- Interface with Mines Inspectors and other Regulatory bodies
- Implement design to ensure planned hoist availability and reliability for maximum production time.
- Develop the hoist systems maintenance program with the Asset management and Operational Readiness team.
- Leads the implementation and monitors effectiveness of improvement initiatives.
- Identifies and implements capital efficiency and productivity improvements.
- During Project Execution, support Construction in the fabrication, re-assembly, and commissioning of hoisting systems.
- Govern the management of change process related to Hoisting Systems and their interfaces
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Operational experience equivalent.
- A minimum of 10 years of engineering experience and advanced knowledge of multidiscipline engineering and industry standard practices.
- Experience/understanding of Hoisting systems design, operation and maintenance. This includes hoist, ropes, conveyances, headframes, lower tower, utilities, equipping etc
- Experience designing, manufacturing, integrating, construction and commissioning of hoisting systems for underground potash or soft-rock mining.
- Experience with oversight, due diligence review, managing or supervising EPCM work in site/construction conditions as well in as in office environments.
- Experience in utilizing data-centric, 3D model, and digital project delivery tools.
- Experience working with Regulatory and Permitting agencies.
- Experience in underground mining operations is required; particularly in Potash or other mineral / soft rock mining operations is preferred.
- Familiarity with the Design life cycle of equipment such as Specification development, Procurement, Vendor engineering and design approval cycles.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary