About this role
The Brunel Life Sciences Team is excited to announce that we are hiring an IT Specialist for one of our phenomenal clients.
In this role, the IT Specialist will provide direct support to users across the organization. This will include helping set up hardware or software, diagnosing connectivity or data access problems, answering questions about hardware or software, and helping users access shared drives and devices.
This is a 1-year contract position with a strong potential of extension.
- Assess infrastructure on a regular basis to ensure it continues to meet necessary demands
- Manage daily operations of the IT department including onboarding, offboarding
- Take lead on hardware management, mobile management, telephone networks, computer networks, file management and security
- Coordinate the needs of in-house IT experts and remote employees, vendors and contractors
- Protect customer data from outside infiltration through encryption, secure data storage and other necessary means
- Assist with the installation of new hardware and software and help train employees on its use
- Manage and oversee departmental quotas
- Offer suggestions for possible upgrades and changes within the IT department
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or engineering
- Minimum of five years of experience in IT or database administration
- Experience working with following environments: Mac OS, Windows 10 & Windows Server 2008+ operating systems, Active Directory, Exchange / Office 365, Network Storage, Azure, KACE 1000
- Experience setting up and troubleshooting various technical equipment such as laptops, video conferencing systems, mobiles, etc.
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (Powershell, Bash, Java, etc.)
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Martin van Helden is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Martin van Helden
Brunel Canada - Toronto