About this role
We’re hiring an iOS / Android Mobile Developer to join the development team for our client located in Calgary. This is a permanent position with a competitive compensation package.
- Work with the Product Owner to define, estimate, and develop features to help reach mobile experience goals
- Work with a team of programmers to develop code into user-friendly mobile apps
- Innovate mobile interface both independently and on a collaborative platform
- Building features for iOS and Android
- Contribute to design discussions, execute POCs to research and evaluate solution options, develop solutions and deliver results,
- Provide efficient support and troubleshoot problems both internally and externally,
- Develop awesome, clean, high-quality code and become an expert on various platform components
- Work collaboratively and perform code reviews and design reviews to improve solutions
- Research new technologies and bring forward fresh ideas to support the business and continuously improve the quality, efficiency, resilience, and maintainability of the software.
- Post-secondary degree with a focus in computer science or related field
- 3+ years of related experience
- Must have experience with iOS and Android mobile development using Swift
- Exposure using Java / backend experience
- Development experience with persistence frameworks, such as Hibernate and MyBatis,
- Development experience with database design and technologies, such as DB2, SQL Server, and MySQL.
- Development experience with the operating systems: Linux or Unix
- Strong application of software engineering fundamentals, including data structures, design patterns, testing, and debugging
- Experience with solutions utilizing microservices architecture (container and orchestration technology), event streams (message bus, queues), API gateway, and scalable databases – for instance, Kubernetes, Docker, ESB, JMS, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, No SQL databases, Azure API Management,
- An innovative and entrepreneurial spirit to drive change and enhancements
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement