About this role
Brunel have partnered with one of Australia’s leading EPCM delivery Service Partners to successfully recruit and place a suitably qualified Junior Electrical & Instrumentation Designer for a 12 month contract position with a potential extension supporting our Clients site-based team in Pinjarra.
- Be involved with the delivery of electrical specific design and drafting services that meet applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Meet design and drafting assignments on time and within budget
- Provide support to the electrical engineers and project team
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions and ask for assistance when required.
- Have a full understanding & ability to perform specific design and drafting services on LV/HV & PLC electrical equipment such as: Distribution Single Line diagrams, Schematic & Termination diagrams, Electrical Layout diagrams and Conversion of Vendor diagrams
- Ability to identify and report changes to project scope
- Prepare & create engineering drawings and documentation in accordance with associated checking procedures
- Red-line engineering drawings and package up work packs for workshare implementation
- Either Advanced Diploma of Engineering Technology-Electrical or an Electrical Tradesperson who has completed the Drafting & Estimates course.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all external and internal stakeholders.
- The ability to establish and maintain good working relationships
- A strong willingness to learn
- You ask the right questions to ensure that you are utilising the resources around you
- You have a “hit the ground running” attitude
- Proficient in MicroStation CAD systems.
- ASAP Start Date
- 12 month contract with potential extension
- Excellent career opportunity for junior designer
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Chris Mitchell is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth