About this role
3. Determines standards for, and participates in, the monitoring and assessment of lifting operations;4. Provides technical support for the selection and qualification of Lifting Operation contractors/sub-contractors and ensures contractors’ processes and procedures are effective and meet COMPANY requirements and Qatar government regulations;
5. Leads the inspection and validation of all major projects lifting equipment prior to mobilisation including onshore, offshore and marine vessels / barges incoordination with respective PMT;6. Conducts risk based evaluation of complex technical issues that may have significant impacts to overall project execution and manages the timely delivery of technical deliverables and issues resolution;
7. Promotes best practice within COMPANY, sharing information and ideas with affected organizations;8. Verifies and ensures compliance with Company requirements, standards, specifications and instructions;
9. Supports MP projects through performance of audits and condition checks for fitness for purpose of lifting equipment, appliances and accessories.
• 15+ years of experience in discipline with at least ten years demonstrated senior engineering and field experience in lifting operations, lifting studies (engineering, calculations), lifting equipment inspection (onshore & offshore, containers, winches and powered hoists, overhead travelling cranes, runway beams and swing jibs, wire rope and assorted types of slings); • Knowledge of contractual requirements for lifting services provision including the methods and techniques for performance a lifting study (including crane load charts, effect of ground bearing capacity), and lifting plan design, validation, execution, monitoring and control;
• Knowledge of International standards such as API, ASME, BS, DNV, ISO, LOLER, NORSOK, SOLAS and experience in regulatory compliance;• Knowledge of marine class inspections of vessels relating to the testing, inspection and assessment of components installed on vessels in the shipyard and designed to transfer the load-path beyond the crane manufacturer's components onto the structure.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Namitha Sambhram Aivalli is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Namitha Sambhram Aivalli
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha