About this role
About this role
We’re hiring a Maintenance Planner for our energy client to join their leading and growing team. This position is initially based in Calgary with 5 days/8 hours working weekly schedule with eventual transition to a 7 day in and 7 day out rotational work arrangement based at the site. Transportation between designated hubs and the site will be provided.
- Establishing Process Safety and Occupational Safety as a priority through leadership in planning and execution strategies and by ensuring that contractor personnel and equipment meet safety and loss control objectives by ensuring that equipment inspections and safety orientations have been completed and that these personnel are aware of all safety policies and training requirements.
- Supporting both day-to-day routine maintenance planning and scheduling activities by identifying repair needs, prioritizing, detailing work, material and outside service requirements, and providing detailed resource estimates and work breakdown structures for required work.
- Developing and monitoring of the day to day schedule and reporting on selected KPI’s with input and support from operations and maintenance team leaders.
- Prioritizing, Planning and Scheduling the work of a multi-disciplined operational team using SAP and GWOS.
- Working closely with maintenance, operations and engineering personnel to set maintenance priorities, resolve execution issues and provide leadership in troubleshooting and problem solving
- Manage notifications and work orders within due dates and maintain accurate backlogs.
- Preparation and assembly of the necessary documentation and drawings required to send equipment off site for repairs and holding vendors to strict reporting guidelines.
- Input, analyze, report, monitor and assist in the management of the PM/PDM process in SAP
- Monitoring and ensuring that a high standard of data integrity is being maintained in SAP inclusive of PM’s, BOM’s, equipment masters, material masters, task lists, entry of work order history into notifications and that proper notification & work order coding is maintained.
- Interfacing with the Engineering team and the Technical Services group to identify support issues, and to identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities
- Implementing effective Preventative Maintenance programs and, where appropriate, move toward Predictive Maintenance
- Periodic auditing of maintenance procedures and practices
- Working with the Leadership Team in the preparation of maintenance operating and capital budgets
- Work through notifications and plan the work Priority 3, 4, 5 Notifications
- Coordinate with suppliers and vendors for materials, quotes, and RFPs
- Extend support to Maintenance Supervisors for Planning Priority 1 and 2 Notifications where needed
- Review the detailed plans with SMEs
- Plan the orders and submit for Scheduling
- Attend daily notification meetings and ensure that information is provided on all notifications to take action with appropriate priorities
- Discipline planning meetings to review the work scope with SMEs in maintenance
- Development of task lists to manage the library in SAP
- Ensure material bonds are available
- Coordinate with Asset Integrity for regulatory inspections and plan and schedule as per ITPs
- Certificates from third party training institutions relating to planning, estimating, scheduling, asset management, RCM, PDM and project or turnaround management
- Any of the following Journeyman Certifications (I.P. Standard), Instrumentation, Electrical, Millwright, Pipefitting, Boiler making and Welding and or bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with maintenance CMMS systems
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with scheduling programs
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with SAP is required
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a maintenance role within a refinery, gas plant, petrochemical complex or similar environment
- Min. 5 years’ experience with maintenance programs/databases
- Experience with SAP (PM & MM) modules
- Service contract negotiation experience
- Scope building, budgeting, and cost control experience
- Familiarity with government regulations, QA/QC requirements and MOC procedures
- Excellent computing skills
- Proven leadership & mentoring skills
- Proven initiative teamwork and organizational skills
- Proven business sense with strong troubleshooting and decision-making abilities
- Excellent teamwork, communication & organizational skills
- H2S Alive
- Valid Driver’s License
- Any trade related engineering or technical certification
- Interpersonal skills and conflict resolution training
- Dual Certifications are an asset
- A Power engineering certificate would be an asset
- Turnaround planning and scheduling experience a definite asset
- Recruiting experience
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Gultchan Chevket is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto