About this role
- Tier one oil and gas operator
- Six month contract / Perth based / 8 hours per day
- Maritime (FPSO, FSO) experience and maritime hardware (Marine Engineering) experience with emphasis on recent marine utility, tandem offloading and life saving appliance required
Located in the Offshore Structures Team within the Integrated Engineering Team, the role will be focused on the provision of front line technical, operations & maintenance support for the following listed hardware, developing a close working relationship with the offshore and shore based Maintenance, Operations and Services teams:
- Mooring hardware related to side by side and tandem mooring of off-take tankers eg fenders, quick release hooks, hawsers, floating hose, floating hose reel
- LQ hardware eg doors, galley systems, fire fighting hardware
- Marine utilities eg Oily Water separation, Potable water, Bilge, Ballast, sewerage treatment, inert gas etc
- Life saving appliances eg Life Boats, Life rafts, life jackets, BA • Helideck refueling Navigation equipment
- Acting as the Marine utility system, tandem offloading and life saving appliance hardware Subject Matter Expert (SME) you will:
- Participate in the daily corrective maintenance notification review to risk rank and prioritise work
- Participate in the creation and review of any deviations to Safety Critical PM and CM work orders • Develop strategies for the resolution of corrective maintenance items
- Develop maritime hardware equipment care strategies and planned maintenance practices in line with Safety Case, Class Rules, Marine industry standards guidelines and best practice • Lead the development of sparing strategies for marine utility, tandem offloading and Life saving appliances
- Provide technical leadership of all marine engineering aspects to ensure compliance to the Safety Case and Discipline Competency Assurance Framework (DCAF).
- Provide technical support to Classification Society (Lloyds Register) focal within the Maritime Operations team.
- Participate in the Manage Threats and Opportunities (MTO) process as well as minor/brownfield project reviews to identify key maritime hardware technical risks, and propose resolution of these to close-out these projects
- Be required to maintain the interface between the onshore Integrated Engineering, Maintenance and Maritime Operations teams along with the offshore services, maintenance, and operations teams.
- The candidate must have sufficient Maritime (FPSO, FSO) experience and maritime hardware (Marine Engineering) experience with emphasis on recent marine utility, tandem offloading and life saving appliance
- Operations & Maintenance experience in both an offshore and onshore operating environment, Preferably in a role as onshore maintenance support engineer, marine supervisor or senior marine engineer.
- Must possess a bachelor degree (maritime or similar) or be a qualified marine engineer.
- Must have a broad understanding of Marine / Maritime engineering in a FLNG and FPSO operating environment and be capable of continuously improving existing processes, systems and structures
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Christine Collins is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth