About this role
We’re hiring a Mechanical Design Engineer for our client, a Medical Device company, to join their team. This is a full time in house opportunity.
- Developing new concepts and drawing by 2D and 3D modeling with CAD software;
- Carrying out the engineering and design of mechanical assembly structures from a concept, a sketch or a quote;
- You will have to respect the technical criteria established by the customers and the regulatory authorities and take into account the manufacturing constraints of the parts that are to be modeled, developed or designed;
- Act as a reference for other mechanical designers;
- Perform the appropriate checks and validations before going into production;
- Participate in continuous improvement by ensuring the reliability of processes and contributing to process control.
- Take part in weekly kick-offs to discuss the progress of projects with your colleagues.
- Attend monthly general meetings which occasionally end in 5-7.
To qualify for this role your experience would align with:
- BAC in mechanical engineering or relevant field
- Relevant experience (10 years and +)
- Experience in design processes and principles
- Experience in managing pneumatic solutions (an asset)
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes: laser cutting, bending, assembly by welding, machining, surface treatments, assembly and mechanical adjustment (an asset)
- Proficiency in finite element analysis (an asset)
- Member of the OIQ (an asset)
- Fluency in English (an asset)
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Diana Grodowski is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement