About this role
We’re hiring a Mechanical Engineer for our client to join their team. This is a 6-month contract position.
The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for coordinating the engineering of the process mechanical systems for the project.
- Provide engineering design and modification for mechanical system following design processes;
- Provide review and oversight to subcontracted engineering firms with preparation of mechanical related detailed design documents;
- Evaluate contractor proposals during construction;
- System testing and commissioning of system on site;
- Trouble-shooting and ongoing system support for existing and new mechanical systems;
- Jump from hot cell to hot cell as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized university;
- At least 3 years’ experience in supporting Mechanical process systems;
- 2-3 year’s recent experience with Solidworks and Microsoft Office;
- Must possess excellent written & verbal communication skills;
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all kinds of people;
- Demonstrated ability to influence cross-functionally up and down the organization;
- Self Motivated, with the ability to work independently against objectives;
- Ability to think critically and take necessary decision for the business.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Monnatha Grego is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement