About this role
We’re hiring a Software Test Engineer for a contract position in our client, a big multinational company focused on medical supplies in Murrysville, Pennsylvania
- Building Enterprise applications with keen focus on performance, resilience and quality
- Working in Agile based Scrum environment to develop critical parts of a new web-based application.
- Demonstrating proficiency with object oriented design and development in Java.
- Building RESTful web service and communication between applications and 3rd party cloud-based systems.
- Parsing/processing JSON data.
- Working with Relational or NoSQL data stores
- Working with Continuous delivery “build and deploy tool” such as TeamCity, Jenkins
- Building User Interface applications using Angular JS
- Working with Enterprise messaging broker such as RabbitMQ
- Working with cloud technologies ( AWS Components)
- Creating design and architectural documentation for the system being build
- Working in Test Driven Development of Behavior Driven Development environment
- Writing automated test using Junit framework to programmatically test the code.
- Troubleshooting production system issues
- Monitoring the health of the system using framework such as NewRelic, AppDynamics
- Three (3) years or more professional experience building or testing Enterprise applications using Java
- Demonstrable experience and fluency with Spring Framework (Spring-Boot preferred).
- Strong experience in creating or testing Restful web services.
- Experience with Java testing frameworks (Junit/Mocks etc).
- Experience with any RDBMS or NoSQL databases.
- Experience with and understanding of Git
- Experience working in Scrum agile environment.
- Exceptional knowledge of object-oriented design, including design patterns.
- Strong ability to analyze requirements and develop a risk based approach to testing
- Motivated, Hard Working, detail oriented, deadline and quality driven individual to develop and test a cloud based Enterprise Application in an Agile development environment.
- Experience writing Enterprise Java Applications using Microservices / Service Oriented Architecture and REST.
- Train-on and apply new technologies to solve difficult problems.
Experience that will be considered an asset:
- Experience developing or testing cloud based systems (AWS or equivalent).
- Experience with Build Management & Continuous Integration systems (TeamCity or equivalent)
- Experience with Messaging System (RabbitMQ or equivalent)
- Experience developing multi-threaded applications
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Monnatha Grego is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement