About this role
In this Cost/Schedule/Controls role, you will perform or coordinate cost estimate preparations. You’ll have estimating oversight for the team, and will conduct quality assurance reviews for company-operated estimates and other builder/operator estimates for all gate and funding milestones.
You’ll prepare check estimates and associated schedules to compare with all operator-prepared submittals, either from others or by the company.
You’ll be involved in estimating and schedule assessments to verify the project costs and schedule bases.
Quality assurance reviews will also be a part of your responsibility. You’ll be reviewing estimating group process efficiency tools and identifying and recommending process improvements.
- Setting up the baseline cost control system (internal and external) and documentation for the project
- Preparing forecasts, cost trend reports, and monitor cost and budget forecasts on multiple projects on the same work site
- Reporting on deviations, underruns and overruns; making recommendations for corrective actions to achieve key milestones
You’ll be based mainly in Midland, and visiting various Permian sites by car in New Mexico and Texas.
This role is ideal if you want to be at the heart of action in the Permian. Experience here will add significant value to your resume.
Required for this role:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- 10+ years of experience working on oil and gas projects
- Skills to negotiate and broker successful solutions between multiple parties
- Basic-to-advance level proficiency in Cost Estimating, Project Planning and Project Controls
Your experience has given you consulting, mentoring, analytical, and computing skills in project management. You have one or two projects on your resume and can adapt to changing priorities.
You competently organize, plan and effectively manage a range of activities.
And you don’t mind a few miles on the road.
The Permian isn’t for everyone. But time in Midland will add value to your resume forever. Get in touch and learn more.
What we offer
Why work through Brunel? We start with competitive rates, a comprehensive benefits package and a 401k. With our industry insights and recruiter expertise, we are ideally placed to help you get the contract that best suits you. With Brunel you will gain experience and expertise, building on your skills and developing your career further.
About usBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
- Vacancy number: PUB253514
- Location: Midland
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Closing date: Saturday, March 28, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Cost Controls - Texas
Confirmation sent to