About this role
As the contract Engineering Technologist you’ll specialize in solution design and database creation. You’ll be a a critical member of the Regulatory and External Affairs Team located in the Denver, CO office of this major energy company.
Your primary focus will be to support the team through identifying, developing and implementing solutions. You’ll develop database and analytics processes that support the business through automation. Your aim is to improve the efficiency and accuracy of current business practices.
Your expertise in analysis, design, development, testing and implementing database solutions will be essential in this hands on role. You will also be integrating these solutions with the architecture used across the company.
- Developing database and analytics solutions to support the business by automating and streamlining current practices
- Proactively seeking to improve systems, data management, process, and team functionality
- Effectively managing data capture and data flow into various databases and systems with the ability to easily extract and provide analysis through software
- Developing tools and techniques for improving data reliability, efficiency, and quality using Access, Excel, VBA and other programs.
- Acting as liaison between Regulatory and External Affairs team and IT
You’ll be have expert knowledge of database and spreadsheet applications, and experience with data virtualization software (Denodo is a plus).
This position is ideal for you if you have experience with database technologies, and have devised and executed data solutions. If you’re now ready to take on a role with more impact on the business strategy then apply today.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Science required
- 2 years of engineering technologist and database experience required (3-5 years preferred)
- Expert knowledge of database queries, SQL statements, VBA/macros, Access Forms
Experience in any industry is acceptable; no specific experience is needed in the oil and gas industry.
What we offer
Why work through Brunel? We start with competitive rates, a comprehensive benefits package and a 401k. With our industry insights and recruiter expertise, we are ideally placed to help you get the contract that best suits you. With Brunel you will gain experience and expertise, building on your skills and developing your career further.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
- Vacancy number: PUB255380
- Location: Denver
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Closing date: Friday, April 10, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Database Engineer - Colorado
Confirmation sent to