About this role
- Support the administration of complex construction purchase orders and contracts on site. Daily interface required with vendors/contractors.
- General contract administration including maintaining confidential records and creating, maintaining and filing of reports, correspondence, statistics and related material for ease of retrieval.
- Advise team of contractual rights and obligations and the means to mitigate contractor risks.
- Capture, preparation and distribution of meeting minutes.
- Chairing/attending and minuting weekly project meetings providing updates and reports to project management in the absence of a contract lead, when required.
- Understanding the terms and conditions of executed contracts in order to verify/process change orders.
- Liaising with the CM and other staff to obtain information/input to support the contract administration and change order process.
- Raising Purchase Orders and Change Orders in SAP, obtaining signatures, distribution and filing for all site contracts to support the contract leads.
- Support in the preparation of request for proposal (RFP) documents associated with the execution of a power project. Managing the RFP process and correspondence with contractors and service providers.
- Obtaining information for contracts report preparation and ensuring the reporting activities demonstrate compliance with corporate contracting policies, goals, and objectives.
- Support reviewing of site LEMs and service invoices in support of invoice attestation
- 8-10 years of industry experience related to contracts administration, preferably in a project site-based environment;
- Proficient with SAP and MS Office;
- General knowledge of business law and legal ramifications with respect to contracts and procurement requirements;
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail;
- Ability and desire to learn new concepts as well as adapting to new and challenging situations;
- Ability to handle a high volume of work with changing priorities;
- The following will be considered assets:
- Post-Secondary Degree
- Power industry experience
- SCMP/CPSM designation(s)
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel Energy provides specialist personnel to the international oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation and construction industries. Our clients are predominantly major operating companies and international engineering or construction companies. Through a network of 104 offices, across 35 countries we currently supply nearly 9,000 Technical Specialists to the largest multi-national Oil & Gas Companies and major EPC Contractors, through well-established global supply agreements.
- Vacancy number: PUB244280
- Location: Fort Saskatchewan
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 48
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Closing date: Friday, January 24, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Intermediate Site Project SCM Specialist - Alberta
Confirmation sent to