About this role
Lead E&I Engineer shall provide technical leadership and guidance to all staff engaged on the project. Lead engineer is accountable for technical integrity of E&I activities, Producing and maintaining deliverables (including but not limited to Drawings, Calculations, Datasheets, Technical specifications, Material Requisitions, Technical
bid evaluations, Schedules, MTO’s, Work volumes) in accordance with industry standards, codes and client specifications within the schedule and budget as set-out by the Engineering Manager.
- The responsibilities of the Lead E&I Engineer shall include, but are not limited to, those contained in the following statements:
- Plan and Implement the E&I Engineering activities on projects and tenders under the direction of Engineering Manager;
- Lead, coordinate and manage the discipline group. Ensure the safe, effective and successful implementation and delivery of engineering projects;
- To mentor, coach and train staff in work processes and values to have consistency across projects
- Preparation of Deliverable list & Schedule, Man-hour estimate and Progress report;
- Plan and identify resource requirements in consultation with Engineering Manager;
- Ensure safe, effective and successful implementation of E&I engineering activities within budget and schedule requirements;
- Well versed in process measurements, Relief/ control/ ESD valves, Analyzers, equipment protection system (Vibration/temperature), fire systems and PLCs;
- Shall be capable of handling Electrical, Instrumentation and control activities for the mechanical packages such as Dehydration, Sweetening, Electrostatic Desalters, Produced water, Chemical injection etc;
- Shall be capable of handling Control system packages independently;
- Review and Approve E&I specifications, datasheets, calculations (sizing, load, equipment), Load list, SLD's, Schematics, functional and interlock diagrams. Protection and metering schemes;
- Review and Approve Material requisition, Technical bid evaluations and review vendor drawings;
- Take part in Hazop, SIL, 3D Model reviews, Construction reviews, Design reviews;
- Review and Approve materials take-offs and bill of materials. Ensure that the quantities are within budget and any changes are documented with approval from Engineering Manager/Project manager;
- Review and Approve 2D drawings such as Hook-up drawings, Loop Drawings, Block drawings, JB drawings, Area classification, Cable Schedule, Drum Schedule, Cable routing, Instrument Location drawings, F&G Layouts, control room drawings in accordance with Client specifications;
- Bring to the attention of the necessary parties, any problems, assistance or matters that may affect quality, deadlines or costs;
- Participate in reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data from other parties/execution offices;
- Establish good working relationships and communication with all Leads, Managers and clients;
- Interface with Subcontractors, Suppliers and Vendors for completion of engineering activities;
- Adhere to the HSE requirements stipulated by Company/Clients;
- Maintain Quality documentation and report any non-compliances for process improvement;
- Conduct regular meetings with staff to discuss technical, procedural and operational issues and work practices, and to formulate areas for improvement along with possible solutions;
- Standardization of Design Procedures, Check list and Guidelines;
- Undertake any other general duties that may be requested. The list of duties is not exhaustive in any way and may change at any time.
- Minimum of 15-20 years of work experience in the Oil & Gas industry with at least 5 years in similar position.
- Degree in Electronic, Electrical, Instrumentation and Control engineering from an accredited university or equivalent
- Experience in similar position working for EPC Projects in Oil & Gas sector, especially in E&I engineering activities related to Process skids
- Must have good working knowledge of codes and standards used in the Industry (NEC, NEMA, ISO, IEC, ATEX, NORSOK, ASME, ASTM, API, ANSI etc…)
- Engineer shall have good interface knowledge with other disciplines especially Process, Piping, Mechanical etc. and knowledge of all discipline documents and drawings is required
- Familiarity with HAZOP/Hazid, Functional safety and SIL reviews.
- Knowledge of MV and HV electrical systems, LV/MV Motors, substations, transformers, UPS, Generators
- Experience with Electrical design for prefabricated modular packaged equipment
- High level of competency with respect to electrical system design (Single line diagrams, protection and control schemes)
- Experience in Telecommunication System Design e.g. PA / GA, Telephone, LAN, CCTV, Radio, Access Control, etc. would be an added advantage
- Sound working knowledge of industrial best practices engineering and experience with Factory Acceptance Testing
- Verbal and written communication using English is compulsory
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel India Private Limited, a subsidiary of Brunel Holding Group Company (Brunel Intl. N.V.) a company registered in the Netherlands with over 10,000 employees in 104 offices across 35 countries. The Energy Division of Brunel Group comprehensively provides manpower services for Upstream Oil & Gas, Downstream Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power Generation, Mining & Resources, Civil Engineering, Automotive, Rail, Life Sciences, Finance, Legal and ICT. Our core services are Pay Rolling, Contract Hire and Direct Hire services for major Operating companies and EPC contractors.
Today, we’ve grown into a global service provider with an annual turnover of € 885 million, and we’re listed on Euronext Amsterdam NV and included in the Amsterdam Small Cap Index (AScX).
- Publication: PUB255599
- Location: Chennai
- Market: Energy
- Hours per week: 45
- Branche: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Closing date: Saturday, April 11, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Lead E&I Engineer - Tamil Nadu
Confirmation sent to