About this role
The duties of an Operations Geologist will involve exploration, appraisal and development drilling, directional drilling and coring of predominantly “unconventional” Coal Seam Gas, CSG wells and “conventional” wells as may be required. You will need proven and substantial experience in Wellsite and Operations Geology.
You will be the focal point between field operations and the operations in Brisbane, reporting to the Operations Geology Team Lead. All geological data acquisition at the wellsite will be the responsibility of the Operations Geologist. Ensure the transmission/distribution of wellsite data as required.
• Coordinate and ensure formation evaluation is in accordance with the Well Proposal.• Ensure well design is as proposed; • Ensure well data delivery and quality;
• Ensure collection and description of cuttings samples; • Coordinate accurate picking of casing setting depth and formation tops;
• Confirm/communicate casing depth and ECP placement; • Coordinate and ensure accurate call of Total Depth;
• Coordinate and report on wireline logging operations for Petrophysics; • Ensure QC of wireline logging, service QGC KPIs, ensure data delivery;
• Ensure processing of SPAT and confirm/optimise swell packer placement;• Well Completion Report compilation and other well reporting QC;
• Coordinate compilation of WCR including Well Schematic Composite and Lithology Logs.
About you• Operations Geologist: Minimum 5 years “unconventional”/”conventional”
experience;• Minimum of 3 years as a Wellsite Geologist with
• Minimum 2 years CSG core well data acquisition
and QC experience;• Minimum 5 years geophysical log data
acquisition, (wireline and LWD) and QC experience;
• Basic geophysical log and MWD/LWD
interpretation is required;• An understanding of drill stem testing, DST is
required where such formation evaluation is conducted.
What we offer
- International Oil & Gas Provider;
- $1000 Per Day Inclusive of Super;
- Monday – Friday;
- 1 Year Contract;
- Professional Team | Great Culture | Safety Focused.
Brunel Australasia is a market leader in the
supply of highly skilled blue and white-collar personnel for full site manning,
temporary labour provision, staffing and recruitment to the resource industry.
Operating locally since 2001 and backed by an international network spanning 35
countries, we pair talented individuals with industry leading clients and work
closely with both clients and the industry at large to ensure the safety,
financial security and stability of the candidates we place.
Brunel values diversity and encourages
applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and minority
- Vacancy number: PUB251186
- Location: BRISBANE
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Drilling, Completions & Geosciences
- Closing date: Wednesday, January 29, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Operations Geologist - Queensland
Confirmation sent to