About this role
- Demonstrate commitment and leadership on safety and operational integrity.
- Provide technical and engineering design expertise related to piping systems to the organization’s operating facilities
- Participate in failure analyses and incident investigations involving piping systems.
- Identify overall value opportunities within the category strategy including operational, structural, process and technology changes to realize benefits working with business stakeholders to initiate additional projects to realize these benefits.
- Mechanical engineering degree
- Minimum of 20 years' piping engineering design experience.
- Broad experience (10+ years) gained working with upstream oil and gas production facilities.
- Broad experience (10+ years) gained working with downstream facilities including refining and pipeline operations.
- Broad experience (10 years) gained following Western Canada oil and gas regulations as well as applicable codes and standards (API, ASME, ISO etc.)
- Microsoft office
- Experience in the applying engineering specifications and best practices
- Effective interpersonal, innovation, organizational skills, and ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Must be a certified professional engineer (P.Eng.) in the province of Alberta or be eligible for certification.
- Understanding oil and gas economics and basic project management skills
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Vacancy number: PUB250838
- Location: Calgary
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Closing date: Friday, March 13, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Senior Piping Engineer - Alberta
Confirmation sent to