About this role
- Assist in the development of new and existing suppliers by improving their quality management systems to improve overall part and documentation quality
- Audit current suppliers to evaluate risk by monitoring changes in management, key personnel, and process changes
- Perform Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) at supplier and client sites
- Perform inspections at client sites and work with clients to get equipment acceptance
- Assist in the development of project specific Inspection Test Plans (ITP) and the continuous improvement of ITP templates
- Monitor inspection plan for key project equipment
- Manage inspection reports and client quality communication when non-conformities occur
- Actively manage Return on Experience (REX) from quality inspection with Purchasing and Engineering teams
- Perform Root Cause Analysis (Quick Response Quality Control) involving engineering and other key departments for non-conformance issues.
- Manage quality documentation submittals and approvals as required by project specifications
- Identification and evaluation of new suppliers in the US and low cost countries
- Assist in developing historically municipal suppliers into industrial suppliers (ability to support industrial documentation and quality requirements)
- Assist in the improvement of supplier part inspections
- Identification and documentation of supplier best practices
- Assist with Supplier Corrective Action Request (SCAR) program, monitor KPI¶s
- Actively support category specialists, category managers, and supply chain managers in category strategy development, supplier selection, and supply market research.
- Support OMEGA training and auditing needs
- Assist in the development of REXs and the continuous improvement of the quality management system
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience driving supplier qualification programs, supplier development and supplier quality
- Problem solving master in root cause analysis methods (QRQC, PDCA, FMEA, etc)
- Welding and weld inspection
- Coatings and coating inspection
- NACE level I coating inspector, or willing to complete NACE certification following on-boarding.
- Track record of significant improvement in supplier component quality.
- Technical knowledge of electrical and mechanical components.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- ISO and other quality systems.
- Sound knowledge in Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of various ferrous and non-ferrous materials.
- Knowledge of root cause analysis, DOE, Deming Cycle (Plan-Do-Check-Act), etc.
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Vacancy number: PUB254043
- Location: Oakville
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Closing date: Thursday, April 2, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Supplier Quality Engineer - Ontario
Confirmation sent to