About this role
- Provide technical expertise in daily handling & lifting activities including: Categorization of lifts;
- Risk assessment and hazard identification in line with criticality of the lifting operation;
- Undertake technical review of lifting operations on behalf of MP and lease closely with company CPLO;
- Selection of equipment for lifting operations;
- Attendance at lifting toolbox talks when on site;
- Post-job debriefs;
- Assessment of completed jobs;
- Promote safe handling and safe lifting operations in line with COMPANY HSE policy’s and international recognized standards, review engineering calculations and provide technical feed back for complicated and complex critical lifting activities;
- Review complicated and complex lift plans and attend the critical lifting activity’s on behalf of company CPLO and management to ensure safe execution;
- Perform condition & compliance checks and fitness for purpose reviews on lifting appliances, lifting accessories, CCUs, and evaluate their acceptance based on utilization on site;
- Provide lifting and handling technical support, guidance & compliance advice to all HSE Site Authority (HSE-SA) and HSE-SD;
- Act as Lifting and handling lead auditor on behalf of MP or company CPLO;
- To be Involved with planned internal audits of the lifting operations, participate in lifting operations incident investigation and analyses if and when required FMA.
- Minimum 10 years in the lifting & handling industry at supervisory level;
- Offshore jacket / topside installation experience preferred;
- Technical Engineer and / or Industry related qualifications such as OPITO / LEEA / EAL / CPA etc.;
- Broad and extensive knowledge in handling & lifting appliance & operations;
- Working to International standards such as: BS, LOLER, etc.;
- Experienced in Oil & Gas Industry.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Namitha Sambhram Aivalli is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Namitha Sambhram Aivalli
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha