About this role
We’re hiring an Operations Manager for our client, a large Industrial Chemical Distribution company, to join their team. This is a permanent position with a competitive compensation package.
- Control compliance of all activities within Scope of Position as relates to plant safety standards and practices.
- Gain a thorough working knowledge companies Environmental, Safety & Health (ES&H) policies and procedures.
- Communication and enforcement of ES&H policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership through participation in ES&H initiatives and programs.
- Actively drive the recognition and rewarding of positive ES&H performance by plant personnel.
- Lead the establishment of Responsible Care ethics within the operations organization and, as appropriate, within the whole plant.
- Plan, schedule and organize plant outages.
- Organize and lead efforts to investigate, identify, and implement solutions related to process upsets, customer quality issues, process improvements, process and human productivity, and any other variances within the Scope of Position.
- Optimize resource allocation the plant and improve process up-time.
- Degree in engineering or related field or Trades designation.
- At least 5 years working experience in a Operations role.
- Prior supervisory experience would be an asset.
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Jeremy Stevenson is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement