About this role
We’re hiring a Construction Coordinator – E&I for our client, a large Petrochemical company, to join their team. This is a 1 year contract with long-term potential.
- Oversees and facilitates the installation of equipment and components
- Ensure that the works are performed technically correctly in the responsible discipline
- Maintain compliance with the RC plan
- Review that all required the client’s provided Materials are available to Construction Contractors
- Anticipate and resolve problems encountered in the field to eliminate costly rework or retesting
- Ensure work is performed per plans, procedures and specifications via coordination with the Quality Assurance plan
- Participate in the QA/QC inspections for its discipline
- Manage interface between Construction Contractors in its Project Area
- Participate in weekly meeting with Construction Contractors in its Project Area
- Monitor progress to ensure Construction milestones are understood
- Coordinate between the construction contractor and the project engineer to resolve field discrepancies in design packages and material delays
- Review contractor work performance and project status updates
- Manage interface between project turnover activities with the Commissioning Engineer and Quality Assurance/Quality
- Control and Construction Contractors Groups in its discipline
- Manage the punch list completion in its discipline
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a Technologists Diploma
- 15+ years’ of experience construction experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of discipline of expertise
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others in a non-confrontational manner and work
- Minimum of 8 years of construction experience in civil / structural engineering disciplines
- Demonstrated knowledge of Quality Management Systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement