About this role
We are hiring an experienced Maintenance Manager to join our client’s team. The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the overall utilization of plant resources to achieve strategic maintenance and reliability objectives.
- Accountable for the entire maintenance department’s adherence to safety policies and procedures;
- The maintenance manager sets the example for safety in the department by leading outage hazard recognition meetings, auditing daily crew meetings, performing housekeeping audits, and maintaining excellent personal safety performance;
- The maintenance manager also leads or participates in incident investigation;
- Implement and update policies and procedures and oversee the plant mechanical integrity program which includes: Vibration Analysis, RCFA, Oil Analysis, Infrared Analysis, Maintenance Work Flow, and other developing reliability programs;
- The maintenance manager is accountable for reliability metrics such as plant availability, and for completing the majority of the action items from the corporate database;
- Accountable for cost control of daily work, 1 day outages, and annual turnaround;
- Also responsible for budgeting, scheduling, pre-outage hazard preparation, measurement metrics, critiques, etc;
- Perform engineering troubleshooting of plant process and/or equipment issues and also lead group troubleshooting meetings;
- Lead development and management of projects;
- Hold maintenance department accountable to performance expectations;
- Assist maintenance supervisor when needed on people issues such as answering grievances and other contract relations.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited university or equivalent foreign accreditation;
- 5 years minimum supervisory experience in a reliability or maintenance setting in any of the following industries: Chemical, Oil Refinery, Power, or Pulp and Paper;
- Experience with preventative maintenance programs;
- Proven experience as an industrial safety leader;
- Competent user of all Microsoft Office programs and experience with SAP;
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management System;
- Ability to “adjust on the fly” to changing priorities;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That is what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we have created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Rory Lyden is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement