About this role
- Responsible for all Transportation and on site emergency response planning and training, including Transcaer, Chlorep and on site emergency response.
- Provides guidance and facilitates a collaborative approach to site management on implementation of EHS programs in order to reduce accidents, injuries, and environmental releases.
- Become familiar with client’s Environmental, Health, Safety & Security (EHS) policies and procedures.
- Immediately report all EHS incidents (injuries, near misses, releases).
- Complete all required EHS training in a timely fashion.
- Follow all facility and corporate EHS procedures and practices.
- Attend and actively participate in facility EHS meetings and forums that will drive employee involvement.
- Provide feedback and suggestions for EHS program improvement.
- Develop job safety analysis and safe working plans.
- Develop and communicate the client’s Environmental, Health Safety & Security (EHS) policies and procedures.
- Develop, organize and communicate metrics to track EHS performance.
- Provide site EHS leadership through management by example and relationship development.
- Provide comprehensive and effective EHS training. Design and implement training to address any gaps identified.
- Create opportunities for expanded employee involvement and participation in EHS matters.
- Lead and/or oversee incident investigations and drive EHS action items to completion.
- Conduct periodic assessments or inspections of EHS programs to identify and correct deficiencies related to compliance with the EHS policies and procedures.
- Degree or Certificate program in occupational health or safety, industrial hygiene, environmental engineering or other relevant field.
- 5+ years and experience with proven record driving safety leadership, preferably in Chemical Processing environment with process safety and mechanical integrity programs
- Working knowledge of WCB, CSA, OSHA (or Provincial equivalent for Canadian positions) and EPA (or Provincial equivalent Canadian Positions) regulations and reporting requirements.
- Must have 5 years of Transportation Emergency Response experience.
- Transportation Emergency Response Technician level training is ideal
- Must be available for travel, up to 15% of time to sites other than home location.
- Professional and/or industry certifications preferred (e.g. OHST, CSP, CIH, or CHMM).
- Knowledge of Responsible Care Codes.
- Knowledge of Haz-mat leadership intervention
- Knowledge of asbestos and lead based paint regulations.
- Familiarity with TDG, DOT regulations, CSA, NFPA and other recognized industry standards.
- First Aid / CPR Certification
- Training in confined space rescue and entry.
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Vacancy number: PUB247636
- Location: Calgary
- Market: Industry
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: (Petro)Chemical
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Closing date: Saturday, February 15, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Safety/Training Coordinator - Alberta
Confirmation sent to