About this role
We’re hiring a Principal Mine Engineer for our client, a Mining and Minerals company, to join their team. The Principal Mining Engineer will be tasked with creating a Mine Plan by which an asset can best fulfill the Company’s strategic objectives and monitoring the asset for compliance against the approved plan. This is a contract opportunity with the potential for long term extension or ability to turn into a full time role. This role will start off remote and will require the candidate to move to Toronto at a later stage of the contract.
- Create and revise planning cycle technical products
- Life of Mine Plan
- MRMR statement
- Detailed Mine Plan to support the budgeting process
- Strategic Plan for the asset
- Reserve Book
- Reconciliation reports
- Year-End forecasts
- Define planning cycle processes and standards
- Audit site technical services processes
- Open pit and underground Ground Control, underground Ventilation, Survey, grade control, mid and short-term planning, and other processes as required to support mine operations.
- Ad-hoc technical requirements of the company; Examples include external project/operations reviews, metallurgical testing, new technology, industry best practices.
- University degree in Mine Engineering
- Professional Engineer
- 12+ years of experience in underground /open pit mining
- In depth experience in underground hard rock mine design and planning products and processes
- Strategic mine planning
- Mine Plan (Site Annual Budget)
- Operational budgeting
- Reconciliation and Monthly Reporting
- Candidates must have experience working for the Owner
- Experience in designing and implementing technical processes
- Experience managing mine technical services fields of rock mechanics, ventilation, survey, and backfill.
- Knowledge of Geological processes such as grade control and geological and resource modeling.
- General knowledge in underground mine operations and services such as mine development and production, maintenance, electrical distribution, and dewatering.
- Demonstrated history of successfully progressing through Technical site based roles having increased levels of responsibility.
- Experience dealing with consultants, industry experts, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM), and internal clients/stakeholders.
- Spanish is an asset - this role will be in constant communication with the team on site
- Experience in mine studies.
- Knowledge CIM guidelines.
- International experience, exposure to different operations, and work culture will be considered an asset.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary