About this role
If you are a Senior Process Engineer with a Downstream EPC background looking for your next big project, look no further. We are looking for a candidate with 10+ years of experience working specifically on refinery revamp projects.
- Role: Principal Process Engineer
- Reports to: Process Manager and Senior Supervising Manager
- Industry: Oil & Gas (Downstream)
- Location: Bakersfield, CA
- Estimated Start: ASAP
- Estimated Duration: 3 months with possible extension
- Work Schedule: 5/50 (could ramp up/down as needed)
- Travel: Occasional to Claremont when needed for meetings
- Accommodations: While on the field site, you will receive per diem & accommodations
- Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision
- Lead process field activities.
- Analyze project specifications and inquiry requirements; develop a working plan accordingly.
- Prepare engineering calculations as required.
- Prepare process flow diagrams (PFD’s) piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID’s) and process data sheets for equipment and instruments.
- Follow up on completed projects including start-up and performance guarantee tests.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology trends.
- Plan and schedule workflow for activities in the area of expertise.
- Perform as job leader when needed.
- Direct, supervise and check work of personnel for whom responsible.
- Maintain a high professional profile.
- Represent group in staff, vendor, and client meetings when necessary.
- BS, MS in Chemical Engineering plus a minimum of ten years of experience
- Carry out the process design and process field activities, including commissioning and start-up
- Prior experience in process field activities (P&ID’s conformity check, identification of tie-ins, as-built mark-up, or similar activities), including revamping projects
- Ability to handle and complete the job from start to finish, have demonstrated leadership and creativity from prior experience, and capable of working with minimal supervision of a senior-level engineer
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Angela Tran is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Houston