About this role
We’re hiring a Product Manager for our client in the Mining industry, to join their team. This is a full time permanent position.
The Product Manager will be responsible for managing and supporting the business outcomes for MinePlan products as directed by the Portfolio Manager for MinePlan and in liaison with Marketing, R&D and other stakeholders (e.g. Sales, Services & Support teams) and deliver outcomes and achievements that service these plans.
Having an existing understanding of customer needs and expectations across the mining industry as well as developing that undertraining in relation to the need of the MinePlan Portfolio of products to enable market driven product development. This will include monitoring competitor product/service offerings and working with the company’s strategic plan, to define suitable product development roadmaps.
The Product Manager, working with the Portfolio Manager and Product Steering Committee (PSC) is responsible for the introduction on new features and products into the MinePlan Product lines. Responsibilities will include setting priorities, building requirement documents for consumption by R&D, supporting the Product Development process, creation of content for marketing material and input into the pricing and packaging of new products in conjunction with the CTO, CFO, Portfolio Manager, product steering committee and Sales, Services and Support teams.
- Act as chief liaison with stakeholders on product issues for the Mining business and effectively manage stakeholder expectations;
- Customer engagement such as management and involvement in customer user forums and conferences;
- Creation of business cases for major product enhancements and new product development to present to the product steering committee for a go / no go decision on product development;
- Collaborate with the mining sales organization, development teams and customers to establish and priorities product feature sets;
- Establish, nurture and communicate the vision and roadmap for mining products based on input from key stakeholders within the Mining business unit and external customers;
- In conjunction with operations, manage the timing and content of software releases in order to maximize business value;
- Develop and track metrics of product performance to allow objective measures of a product to be used in supporting further developments / business cases;
- Develop succinct, clear and unambiguous requirements for Product Management;
- Perform market, competitive, and customer research to understand customer needs, opportunities, and similar product offerings in the market and their advantages and disadvantages;
- Manage key external partner relationships critical to the product strategy and success;
- Keep up to date with existing and planned product offerings and changes in the market that may affect current products and future opportunities in order to position current and future products;
- Engage with all relevant stakeholders to ensure products developed are consistent with overall solution / strategic direction;
- Management of the continuous product improvement and the development of the Mining group’s product portfolio;
- Provide project status updates to the Product Steering Committee;
- Management of selected internal and outsourced projects;
- Compliance with Workplace Health and Safety policies and procedures, participation in audits and compliance with instructions given in respect to the health and safety of himself / herself and the safety of others;
- Developing a thorough understanding of multiple customer requirements to allow market driven product development to take place to maximize return on R&D investments;
- Managing conflicting priorities;
- Managing delivery under pressure and in conjunction with other stakeholders;
- Meeting deadlines with dependencies in collaboration with non-direct reports;
- Finding innovative solutions in order to maximize value delivered to customers when faced with restrictions in available resources or time;
- Other duties as required from time to time.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree (B.A/BSc/BEng) or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Adheres to company values;
- A minimum of 5 years of mining / business experience in mining;
- Working knowledge of practices around production and mine operations in Open Pit and/or Underground scenarios;
- Ability to work independently and be fully accountable;
- Strong sense of urgency & responsibility;
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the mining industry;
- Strong collaboration skills, including the ability to effectively manage remote teams;
- Strong strategic thinking and marketing skills;
- Experience in preparing proposals and conducting formal presentations;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface at all levels and functions;
- Strong organizational skills, entrepreneurial drive and strong work ethics ;
- Travel will be a requirement of this role up to 50%.
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Rory Lyden is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement