About this role
About this role
We’re hiring an experienced Project Controls Manager to join our client’s team. This position manages and oversees project controls functions for very large multidisciplinary high risk capital engineering and construction projects.
- Guide and direct resolution of project difficulties and complex project control issues. Strong analytical skills required to review all project controls information and ensure accuracy as well as identify issues, concerns and potential mitigations.
- Interact with the Project Management team and Corporate management team and participate in regular project meetings. Gather information and prepare reports and presentations of information as needed on the project.
- Identify and communicate design changes, scope changes and schedule slippages and potential impacts and participate in the identification of mitigations. Ensure trends of cost and schedule are identified, manage change management process and communicate and suggest corrective actions.
- Coordinate with cross functional team in project setting, ensure project controls team members are interfacing with engineering, procurement, contracts and construction on concepts and relationships to the scope of work and ensure adherence to safety and quality standards.
- Oversees project baseline process for cost, schedule and progress and ensure all project systems are implemented according to process and company standards and procedures.
- Ensure full implementation of company processes and procedures as well as industry best practices with regards to project controls on the project following the company project stage gate process.
- Establish risk management protocol which includes identification, documentation, mitigation and tracking of potential risks on the project. In addition determine potential cost and schedule/progress impacts of potential risks as they are identified.
- Ensure the accuracy of reported progress percentage based on the rules of credit established within the project. Develop progress measurement process for required scopes of work.
- Establish and manage project schedule development, review and update processes and to ensure accuracy and alignment with the overall master schedule.
- Manage and ensure all project required reporting is pared and submitted as per approved reporting schedule for the project.
- Mentor and lead a large staff of project controls team members, ensure project is staffed appropriately, conduct regular staff performance reviews and manage any staffing issues that may arise.
- Works on highly complex issues and responsible to implement solutions. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Leads the department with interaction with external piers in various departments, responsible for cross coordination between groups.
- Autonomy/decision making: Works under very limited to no supervision and has latitude to set objectives, priorities and timelines
- Budgetary responsibility: Has moderate budgetary responsibility
- Managerial responsibility: Leads large multidisciplinary project controls team
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related fields and twelve (12) years’ experience in Construction Project Management with at least eight (8) years of experience in a leadership role in project controls OR High School diploma or GED and sixteen (16) years’ experience in engineering, construction, project controls or business related field with at least eight (8) years of experience in a leadership role in project controls
- Leadership ability and strong management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task in a high paced project environment
- Experience with ERP system, estimating software, SAP and EcoSys is preferred
- Understanding of accounting functions and systems
- Experience with cost control including project estimating, forecasting and cost management including reporting
- Strong understanding of Primavera and with overall planning process and best practice on capital mining projects
- Construction experience with an ability to maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions in a construction environment
- Experience with mining construction projects, especially in Asia
- Bahasa language skills is a plus
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing — anywhere in the world.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Rory Lyden is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto