About this role
We’re hiring an E&I Project Manager to join our client’s growing team working on a major construction Project in Western Ontario.
- Accountable to the Project Deputy Director as it relates to the project objectives of Responsible Care, Quality, Cost and Schedule for the projects Electrical & Instrumentation major contract and scope.
- The scope of responsibility, in general terms, includes the management of the main electrical contract to ensure contractor will comply with the objectives in the contract.
- Define the execution strategies and plans, cost estimate and schedule required to deliver on the scope of work.
- Plan and secure the internal and external resources required to deliver on the execution plans.
- Oversee performance of main Electrical contractor with full alignment with Engineering, suppliers for the assigned scope.
- Drive progress against the plans established and develop and implement course corrections as required.
- Report on progress and forecast outcome of the project to the Project Deputy Director on a regular basis.
- Electrical Engineering Degree or Technologists Diploma.
- Minimum of 20 years of construction experience in Instrument and Electrical Construction.
- Ability to lead large projects through various phases, with proven experience in construction execution to commissioning.
- Exceptional commitment to safe execution and environmental performance (Responsible Care).
- Proven ability to understand and translate project objectives into execution plans.
- Demonstrated leadership in managing changes.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, facilitation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Proven ability to coach and develop high-performing teams and individuals.
- Comprehensive knowledge of EPCM and processes and procedures as it relates to project development and execution.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Thorough understanding of risks, and mitigations, inherent to major project execution.
- Capacity to effectively negotiate and manage multi-million dollars contracts.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing — anywhere in the world.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Rory Lyden is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto