About this role
As the Project Engineer you will consistently coordinate various engineering activities to complete the project’s design. You will have influence in the project budget schedule and quality standards. Your input will help in improving the design and create cost-effective solutions. Everything that you work on will be compliant with regulations, budget, and design requirements.
The Project Manager and Project Engineering Leader will be your key points of contact within the company. You’ll report to them when you’re defining the budget for engineering activities, and scheduling regular meetings. Any changes to the status of the project will need to be reported to the PM and the PEL.
Your duties fall within a few broad categories:
Planning- Planning the engineering activities for all assigned projects and monitoring the activities progress in compliance with the schedule defined on the general document list.
Technical Support- Providing technical specifications and tender documents for the acquisition of the materials expected for each project. This will be in accordance with the terms of supply and calculated according to the design data.
Compliance- Checking all the licensing documents and incorporate permit conditions. You’ll need to make sure to comply with the local standards required for each specific project
Meeting- Organizing weekly meetings to share and update engineering progress for all jobs. You’ll raise any problems that have emerged during engineering development. Organizing regular meetings (bi-weekly) with relevant people responsible for each topic. This is a necessary step for you when you need to submit improvements of technical aspects. This may involve the Project Engineering Leader (PEL) if necessary.
Risk assessment- Creating risk assessment for each project to identify risks and their mitigation.
You'll be able to take a bird's eye view of the project, without losing your focus on the detail. Experience on a range of different projects will set you up perfectly for this role.
Safety is vital.
During the entire design activity, you will be assessing all aspects related to health risks and safety through all phases of the project. This ranges from design, construction, operation, maintenance and dismantling. Taking actions to eliminate, mitigate and advise all involved others about the remaining risk.
You must be a technical expert in explaining project design. You’ll be the one that site managers and vendors go to with questions about project design.
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent degree OR a technical diploma
- 10+ years of Project Engineering in Industrial Plant business
- Technical skillsets in: Basis of Mechanical/Hydraulic design, Electrical Design and Control systems
- Biogas specific and Waste Treatment specific competences
- Waste Water Treatment Plant specific competences
You must have excellent communication skills. In your role you will be in contact with all parties involved in the project design at some point. Not only will you need excellent speaking skills, but you will need to manage relationships with all of the relevant parties. You will be a key figure in the project. People will need to know who you are and what your role is for the project.
You must have:
- Understanding of contract specification, and identification of supply limits, for the design activity of complex mechanical plants
- Knowledge of national and international regulations for the design of waste treatment, renewable energies and biogas plants
- Solid understanding of sales strategies, how they influence the engineering process and how the engineering process may affect sales
- Familiarity with purchasing, identify and promote purchasing strategies for products, contracting and services, mainly based on "high volume/value" (synergies/standardized products) and critical items (e.g. limited number of suppliers, long lead items, etc).
This is a permanent role for an expanding company in a burgeoning field. It needs someone special – bring your expertise, your experience and your leadership to this role with impact, influence and opportunity.
What we offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you, from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. Let us get you going so you can get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
- Vacancy number: PUB241952
- Location: Carlsbad
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Renewable Energy
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Closing date: Thursday, January 9, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Project Engineer - California
Confirmation sent to