About this role
- Ensure and promote the application of COMPANY HSE and Safety Engineering rules and standards;
- Ensure that contractors comply at all times with safety rules, taking actions as required in case of disregards;
- Ensure the implementation of applicable laws, codes and standards, in particular the Company’s technical;
- reference system in the design of installations on top of which safety engineering;
- Implement the Company HSE risks management process in Brownfield activities: Identify Hazards, perform adequate risk assessment studies and subsequently define adequate conceptual barriers (as per Company reference system prescriptions and/or as per detailed risk studies outcomes where required. Development of COMPANY particular project guidelines and procedures;
- Lead/participate or supervise safety studies such as HAZID, HAZOP, analysis and consequence modeling;
- HAZAN, Dropped Object studies, Fire and Explosion studies, SIL assessment, adapted to E&C activities;
- Be responsible for the development of required deliverables of the facilities’ safety dossier (Safety Concept, ESD and Fire and Gas detection, Active and Passive Fire Fighting, Fire and Gas detection, Evacuation and Escape Route, Hazardous area classification, Safety Critical Elements and performance standards of safety systems);
- Ensure the appropriate support and follow-up of all Project activities, and approve of safety engineering design studies. Participate to Project Reviews as per COMPANY project management system for his field of expertise;
- Participate to safety audits, and contribute to near miss investigations by providing the technical expertise in Safety Engineering;
- Propose design corrective measures as learned from incident and operation feed backs, propose innovative design solutions and improvements of Company processes.
- Minimum Qualification: B.Sc. Engineering in any discipline from a recognized university. Excellent understanding of offshore Process, Utility & Safety Systems;
- Knowledge of International Standards applicable to Safety Engineering. Ability to organize and conduct HAZOP, HAZID, Hazards Identifications;
- Management of engineering contractors. Recognized expertise in the field of technical safety engineering for oil & gasfacilities with 12 plus years of experience in both brown and green field project environment;
- Typically 10 years of professional experience in Safety / Technological Risks / Loss Prevention. Strong knowledge of SIMOPS and brownfield projects.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Babu Harishchandra Jadhav is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Babu Harishchandra Jadhav
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha