About this role
We’re hiring a Safety / Hygiene Specialist for our client, a multinational Mining company, to join their team. This is a one year contract with long-term potential.
- Coordinate activities to prevent and, where necessary, mitigate the potential for transmission of the COVID-19 virus within client’s site. This includes working closely with the Occupational Health Centre, senior site leadership and contractor employers to coordinating response activities under the client’s COVID-19 management plans and procedures for any suspected case of infection;
- Assist in developing and implementing Health and Industrial Hygiene related programs at the project site that meet regulatory and company standards;
- Work with employees and contractors at the project site to develop and implement workplace programs for health and hygiene hazards;
- Coordinate and actively participate in promoting mental and physical wellbeing initiatives across the Project Site.
- Degree in Health, Safety or Hygiene or a Degree/Diploma in Science or related field;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in related field;
- Experience supporting and coordinating the development of major initiatives;
- Proven experience in internal stakeholder engagement, including with senior leadership;
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating workshops with cross-functional groups;
- Capability to manage multiple demands and effectively manage change;
- Highly organized and detail focused;
- Strong writing skills;
- Excellent computer skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement