About this role
Brunel are seeking for a Contracts Engineer to support within the renewables sector on a contract basis.
Preference for a strong project CP professional with high capacity and a strong performance history with a passion for New Energies;
- Technical or Business University degree (MSc., MBA) or equal;
- Flexible, driven individual with “can-do” attitude;
- Effective communicator with proven ability to collaborate and integrate across multi-disciplinary teams;
- Strong commercial and analytical skills;
- Strong understanding of the risks of the contract(s) and the potential legal and financial consequences associated therewith;
- 10+ years of contracting and procurement experience (High CAPEX/ technical / constructions contracts);
- 3+ years Offshore wind experience;
- 5+ years of hands on post- award contract management of (offshore) wind turbines or complex EPC(M) or similar contract is mandatory;
- Knowledge of FIDIC contracts (yellow book) preferred;
- Experience with new ventures/ new project is preferred;
- Advanced negotiations skills;
- Suppliers performance management experience;
- Commercial acumen;
- Fluency in English.
- Develop and implement a contract management plan;
- Challenge changes to determine where unnecessary costs can be eliminated, and more value can be achieved;
- Deal with claims mitigation and challenge cost disputes with suppliers;
- Staying on top of the terms laid out in contracts with the aim to be compliant with applicable laws and guidelines;
- Lead contract negotiations;
- Drive interfaces with other contracts to maximize value to the project;
- Spend, claims and variations management;
- Supplier performance management;
- Lead e2e CP activities for some other JV contracts including preparation of RFP, tender evaluations and contract negotiation.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Nathan Brooks is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester