About this role
We’re hiring an highly motivated and experienced Senior Geologist who will be part of our client’s growing team. You will lead evaluations of potential properties for acquisition, generate targets, and design and oversee field programs from target definition through to resource expansion. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team and will work closely with data scientists, using our client’s proprietary technology to help guide our client’s field programs and decision-making. You will also work directly with our client’s senior technical advisors and with the executive team on making the investment case for acquisitions and field programs.
- Demonstrate in all activities a commitment to the highest standards in health and safety, environment, and community relations.
- Rigorously analyze geoscientific datasets across a range of scales from provinces to prospects to determine exploration potential and to identify, rank, and prioritize exploration targets.
- Design, budget, permit, and execute field programs ranging from geological mapping and sampling of grass roots prospects through to large drilling programs on advanced projects, with leading industry practice in data acquisition and validation.
- Provide technical guidance and support to local in-country project teams during the design and execution of exploration programs, including site visits and engagement with other project stakeholders (e.g., community representatives, regulatory authorities, and joint venture partners).
- Work collaboratively with data scientist colleagues to conceive and implement insightful analytical methods.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the mineral exploration industry.
- B.Sc. degree in geology or related geoscience field.
- Strong technical knowledge of one or more ore deposit types. Experience working on sediment-hosted stratiform copper or magmatic sulfide deposits will be considered an advantage.
- Excellence in generative analysis ranging from new concepts to integration, interpretation, and modeling of large datasets.
- Good field skills and experience conducting field programs across a range of project stages from grassroots prospects through to advanced projects with significant drilling campaigns.
- Baseline level of proficiency in standard desktop software packages (e.g., ArcGIS or QGIS).
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to motivate and inspire others, to share ownership and responsibility for project outcomes, and to work effectively in collaborative, interdisciplinary teams.
- Previous experience in coaching and training geoscientists of varying experience, educational backgrounds and cultures in leading-practice mineral exploration.
- Demonstrated commitment to high standards of health and safety in the workplace.
Nice to Have:
- A Ph.D. or M.Sc. degree.
- Working knowledge of one programming or scripting language (e.g., Python, R, C/C++).
- Knowledge of geostatistics and/or other statistical methods relevant for analysis of geoscientific data.
- International experience, particularly in the Central African Copperbelt.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing — anywhere in the world.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Rory Lyden is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto