About this role
• Lead the integration of geological concepts with geophysical data in the context of field development.• Identify new opportunities to add value to new and existing projects/assets.
• Present subsurface geophysical interpretation results for field reviews, and prepare well proposals, end of well reports and similar technical documentation. • Responsible for developing the skill sets of more junior geophysicists.
• To conduct in-house 3D seismic interpretation and attribute analysis by integrating regional and field geological and geophysical data/information. • To perform seismic to well tie, 3D seismic horizons mapping, 3D structural interpretation and quantify associated uncertainty as input to the static modelling. Continuously monitor and update in-house evaluation, study and any out-sourced studies.
• Where applicable, utilize/integrate quantitative interpretation techniques such as seismic inversion, seismic reservoir characterization, etc., to optimize reservoir understandings. • Build velocity model for time to depth conversion with a good understanding as determined from VSP and geological data.
• To assist in well correlations within and between fields as an integrated work with the team Stratigrapher & Geomodeller.• To lead in planning and optimizing well trajectories using seismic data. Prepare well prognosis from geophysical perspective in planning phase. Then provide geophysics support during drilling operations.
• To recommend/identify well to acquire new VSP data and relevant geophysical logs during the BP. Provide logging requirement during well prognosis, monitor logging, evaluate logging quality with the team Petrophysicist, quality check on the processing of VSP and required logs quality, reviewed final output and contractors’ documentation. Then, ensure validated data is properly loaded onto geophysical database.
o Have good backgroung in reservoir studies and field development planso Experince in reservoir sensitivity and uncertainty analysis
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Catherine Kay Turnbull is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Catherine Kay Turnbull
Brunel Energy UAE Dubai